Lonely Planet: The world’s leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Ireland is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Ponder the brooding landscapes and windswept coast, soak up music and literary sites in Dublin, and explore centuries of history -all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Ireland and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet’s Ireland Travel Guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips – hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets – eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience – history, art, literature, music, architecture, landscapes, wildlife, sport, and the Irish way of life
- Covers Dublin, Wicklow, Kildare, Wexford, Waterford, Carlow, Kilkenny, Cork, Kerry, Limerick, Tipperary, Clare, Galway, Mayo, Donegal, Belfast, Armagh, Londonderry, Antrim, Fermanagh, Tyrone, and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Ireland, our most comprehensive guide to Ireland, is perfect for both exploring top sights and taking roads less travelled.
Looking for a guide focused on Dublin? Check out Lonely Planet’s Dublin guide for a comprehensive look at all the city has to offer; Best of Ireland, a photo-rich guide to the country’s most popular attractions; Ireland’s Best Trips, a guide to the best short and long road trips, or Pocket Dublin, a handy-sized guide focused on the can’t-miss sights for a quick trip.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world’s leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travellers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.