‘Scurrilous, scandalous and frequently disgusting. I absolutely loved it’ James O’Brien
Twitter hero James Felton brings you the painfully funny history of Britain you were never taught at school, fully illustrated and chronicling 52 of the most ludicrous, weird and downright ‘baddie’ things we Brits* have done to the world since time immemorial – before conveniently forgetting all about them, of course. Including:
– Starting wars with China when they didn’t buy enough of our class A drugs
– Inventing a law so we didn’t have to return objects we’d blatantly stolen from other countries
– Casually creating muzzles for women
– Almost going to war over a crime committed by a pig
– And a brand new chapter just for the paperback!
52 TIMES BRITAIN WAS A BELLEND will complete your knowledge of this sceptred isle in ways you never expected. So if you’ve ever wondered how we put the ‘Great’ in ‘Great Britain’, wonder no more . . .
*And when we say British, for the most part we unfortunately just mean the English.
JAMES FELTON’S “SUNBURN” (‘AN ASTONISHING PIECE OF WORK’ James O’Brien; ‘FUNNY, SCATHING AND WITTY’ IAN DUNT) IS OUT NOW